ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

26.7.10

I'M READY TO LEAVE IN SIX DAYS: July 16, 2010

My Zone  at the Provo Temple
Dear Family
I am for sure leaving the 22nd. We got our Visas and our travel plans. We leave here at 6ish in the morning and get on a plane to LA at 8ish. So I will probably call home when I get to LA.  I'm not sure when that will be, probably 930ish in some time zone, I don't know.   And then I fly to Tahiti from LA and will get there Thursday night at 6:45 and then I will start my real mission.  I kinda thought that sitting in my classroom all day was what my mission was supposed to be because we did that for so long. Also for dinner we have had hamburgers for just about every single meal. 6 days left, everything is going good.  The next time I check my email it will be on a real mission and I don't know when my P Days are there.  Thank y'all for the package.  I got the package with all the stuff.  My address is that address  in the missionary packet I left at home and it will be the same my whole mission.  Also, make sure I have enough money to pay to transport a bike and luggage and stuff.  Other than that, I'm ready to leave in six days!


Love,
Elder  Cosby

No comments: