ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.11.10

ONE LEARNS A LOT ON A MISSION: November 15, 2010

Sent by Elder Oldroyd's Mom:  Elder Cosby and Elder Oldroyd







Hey Family,
I love you.  Sorry I didn't have a chance to email last week.  We almost didn't have a chance this week also.  That's just the way it is here.  I told president to call y'all the instant I died or went to the hospital, so don't worry if I don't send emails for a while   I also told him to call if I don't love you anymore, so that's not a reason either.  I don't have any time to write, but if anyone is thinking of sending me stuff, I really really want flash cards, ties, and white shirts. Stay cool.   I love you guys and thank you Sam And Heather family for the package.

The mission is good and hard and one learns a lot on a mission.
Love,  Elder Cosby

No comments: