ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

13.2.11

BE LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN: February 7, 2011

Dear Family, 
 I made a lot of bad decisions this week. It all started when I agreed to eat dog . . .and then I thought of all the dogs I've seen in Tahiti and I just couldn't continue . . .  all my excitement for trying new foods left me. It's too bad that that family told all the other people that I will eat weird stuff because the next day the family set out only cooked bananas and shrimp fafaru on the table.   If you remember what fafaru is the only way I can describe it is fish soaked in juice that smells like . . . the only way I can describe it is terrible gas.   But this time it was shrimp.  Too bad that didn't change the fact that it was soaked in stink juice.   It was hard but I ate an entire bowl.   After that he filled up some bowls for us to take home which my companion put in the fridge.   So now every time I open the fridge it smells like flatulence.

 We are teaching a little girl right now that came to a Young Women's activity and decided that day that she wanted to get baptized. Thanks to her example several of the  less active members in the surrounding area have started coming back to church. I like teaching little kids.  They are smarter,  nicer, and have way more faith than adults. No wonder we are told to be like little children.


Lovey'all
Love,
Elder Cosby

No comments: