ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

28.9.10

September 13, 2010: I ALMOST TAHITIAN -------------------------------IT IS AMAZING TO SEE THE GOSPEL TOUCH PEOPLE'S LIVES


Elder Atiu, Elder Cosby, Elder Punu
Dear Family, 
Me and Elder Punu got a new companion, Elder Atiu, this week. He is 5 foot almost nothing and a professional fighter from Bora Bora.  He has a tatoo of 3 dolphins on his back.   If  I haven't told you yet about 2/3 of the missionaries here are from here in Tahiti. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. It would be like me serving in Flower Mound and the furththest away I could get was Lewisville.  We see Elder Punu's Dad all the time driving around town and we just wave and somtimes we even see his girlfriend.  He always says in English "not good, that is my gorgeous."   Everyone here knows each other from either school or is family.


 I have a super awesome tan now.   I am tan from just above my elbows and halfway above my neck.  I'm eating poo fish and becoming brown.  I almost Tahitian.
                                        Elder Punu, Anna, Taaroa, and me.  Taaroa is getting baptized.


 It is amazing to see the gospel touch peoples lives.  Yesterday we taught Taaroa's adopted mother about repentance and at the end she bore her testomony and thanked us for helping her change.  Before she was against his baptism.   By the way, his baptism is set for this Saturday.
Thanks all 
(Left to Right): Elder Pikette (assistant), Me, Elder Delezer (assistant and I love him a lot), Elder Villierm  (I like him a lot), Elder Crump (MTC with me), Elder Punu (my companion, I like him a lot), Elder Childs (transferred just after this photo.  I love him.  An awesome missionary.)
Love Y'all,
Love Elder Cosby

No comments: