ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

20.2.12

RAIN: January 9, 2012


Dear Family,
It has been raining the entire week non stop. I have been very wet. Me and my companion do a lot of service projects for a  lady named Mommy Maeva . . .  she . . . calls me Elder Marite which is the equivalent of Elder America in Tahitian. She calls my companion Jon for some reason,  but I correct her and tell her to call him Elder Tahiti. While me and my companion were moving trees (something I became very good at at home),  I had a funny experience . . . 
Love Elder Cosby

No comments: