ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

26.5.10

PU'AI E FAATURA : May 21, 2010

Dear Family,

   I am still doing well. 2 weeks down 10 to go. I really love goldfish and they don't sell those here so feel free to send me some. Also I hate wearing a watch so I was thinking of going with a pocket watch so if you find a cool one let me know. 5 minutes. (Ed. note: He had only five minutes left to write). This last week I have learned alot. I've started the transition from studying French to studying the gospel in French and have found that that makes the learning go faster. I have become incredibly firmiliar with the inside of my classroom and have memorized the map of Tahiti that is in there. Everything is great. 

pu'ai e faatura (that is our district motto)

Faaitoito!
Elder Cosby

No comments: