ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

11.6.10

THE HARDER I WORK THE BETTER IT IS: June 4, 2010


Dear Family,

It snowed here, at the end of May!  I took a picture  of it snowing and one of my comps took one of me hating the snow in front of a tree that fell down.

This past week I have been studying, eating, sleeping, and playing basketball.  It was fun.  Me and my district have been trying to speak only French the past couple of days.  I think I am going to speak only French this week.

Thank you for the packages, they were awesome.  I am doing great.  Before I kind of hated the MTC but this past week has been awesome.  I found that the
harder I work and am focused the better it is and the more the Lord helps me because sometimes I get super tired or tired of studying but this week has been awesome.

Faaitoito, Love,
Elder Cosby

No comments: