ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

28.6.10

I KNOW THAT GOD CAN DO ALL THINGS: July 2, 2010


Dear Family,  

 I am still here hopefully only until July 22.  We will see. I finally have somthing exciting to say besides we had an awesome devotional and that is that I sprainged my foot pretty bad. i was going up for an awesome layup and got fouled hard and landed on the side of my foot and it instantly blew up like a ballon but it is getting much better each day and i made it.



I think we are all good here not much need for things right now. Tell Nick I will miss him and I talk about him and Joseph all the time here and if you want to tell everyone that I can now read the Buka A Moromona pretty well so they don't think im am retarded feel free, and here is my Testimony about language:


Ua ite au, E nehenehe ia te Atua i te mau mea atoa
Ua ite au, E nehenehe ia vau i te mau mea atoa ma te tauturu o te Atua
no te mea ua hi'ohia to'na rima e vau a tamata ai ia haapii mai

Je sais que Dieu peux faire toute choses
Je sais que Je peux faire toute choses avec l'aide de Dieu
Je sais cela parce que J'ai vu le main de Dieu pendant esseyant aprender les langue

I know that God can do all things
I know that i can do all things with the help of God
I know this because I have seen his hand while trying to learn these languages

Be impressed cause that is  pretty complex stuff in those languages.  Also, my spelling in French is really bad.  Thanks for everything
Love, Elder cosby

No comments: