ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

11.6.10

MORONI TURNED THE DRUNKS INTO BIRDS: June 11, 2010


Dear Family,

So our teacher decided that the MTC was too easy for us and we knew enough French so we started Tahitian 2 weeks early..Sorry bout this keyboard but two periods come up each time I press it ..so Tahitian is very difficult.  When I translate verses from Te Buka A Moromona they come out like Moroni turned the drunks into birds and things like that, but we just started so hopefully things get better..  All the words have like 20 meanings and you can do a lot of things with each word..  Maa=food  Tamaa=to eat   Tamaaraa=meal and faatamaaraa=dinner appointment, which my teacher said was a very important word..

I've realized that I've never really used my brain too much in life because trying to learn Tahitian makes my head hurt..  I have never thought so much that my head hurt so that is pretty awesome..  But I feel like I have muscles on my brain now..  I am halfway done iwth the MTC now and that makes me very happy..  I feel like I'm kind of starting over cause of Tahitian..It feels nice to feel like I have no idea what I am doing again..  This week Elder Robert Hales talked to us.. That was an awesome experience.. For some reason it is cold here again and I don't like it..  Hope all is going well with everyone..

Je t'aime..  Ua here au ia outou..  Faaitoito..  Love..

Elder Cosby

No comments: