ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

11.1.11

HERE IN PAEA ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ISLAND: JAN 6, 2011

Dear Family,
I  am here in Paea on the opposite side of the island. I went from the biggest sector on the island to the smallest.  3 wards, 3 kilometers, 2 elders, lots of food.   The first thing one of the ward members said to me was. "We like to give the missionaries food but we don't like to give them investigators.  My companion now is Elder Penehata from Borabora.  Leaving a sector that you actually know people and understand them and have friends and people that are almost baptized is hard, but I guess that is part of the mission.  I don't have much to say since I talked to y'all at Christmas. but the rest of Christmas was awesome for us.  We did fireworks that  night and explored some of the island.  My Papa Elder Punu is in my district now so I get to see him alot and also the sister of one of the people we baptized in Tiarei is in my district also.
Love, Elder Cosby

No comments: