ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

11.1.11

THERE ARE ALOT MORE STARS IN TAHITI THAN AMERICA: Dec 6, 2010

Dear Family,
A few days after Thanksgiving a good friend of mine, Elder Redding, told me that Thanksgiving had come and gone without our noticing.  I hope everyone played football and ate stuffing 'cause you never know when you could lose that stuff.  I'm not letting Christmas pass me by though I've started to sing very loudly Christmas songs on our bike rides.   If only the people on the street could understand my words we would have alot more investigators.   The other day my rain jacket decided to stop being waterproof but it's ok 'cause the members here are awesome and bought me another one.   I guess you're not supposed to wash rain jackets in the washer.  There are alot more stars in Tahiti than in America.   We have an autistic neighbor who comes over every night and tells us to clean our house better.   He walks around our house and points at stuff and says "that's dirty" "clean it".   I never imagined I would have someone coming to my house on my mission and telling me to clean it.   Yesterday one of our investigators, Ringo,  told us that he didn't want the lessons anymore just after we had gotten him married in preparation for baptism.   But he told us he would talk to us later after church.   When we talked him later he told us that he couldn't do the lessons during the week anymore because he had found a job like we had promised him he would if he got married.   We told him it was cool to do the lessons on Sunday and then he bore his testimony to us for about an hour in Tahitian- French mix, which is super hard to understand.   That just goes to show that there are blessings waiting for us.  That's all I got for today.  Keep being awesome.  Love y'all
Love,  Elder Cosby

No comments: