ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

11.1.11

TAHITIANS ARE RUTHLESS WHEN IT COMES TO HANDSHAKES: JAN 11, 2011

Dear Family, 
All is well. My new house is the size of my bedroom at home. Also, we have 2 of the most poweful ceiling fans in the world with the most powerful floor fan in the world also. There is always a small tornado goin' on in our house. We went on a hike Monday with some members and at the end of the hike was an awesome pool thing with a rock waterslide. They were all telling me to go down the waterslide because if not I walked all that way for nothing. I agreed with them and told them that I didn't want to ruin my hair, but I got some cool pictures. I super crashed on my bike. My companion was showing me our area which consists of riding around on our bikes really fast and him pointing at houses and saying "a member lives there". We turned on a dirt gravel road thing and my bike decided to slide out from under me. Luckily I did a sweet ninja rool thing and wasn't badly hurt. The problem is that it's my hands that got messed up and Tahitians are ruthless when it comes to handshakes. Thats all I have for today.  I will try to be less boring next time   Love yall
Love Elder Cosby 

No comments: