ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

29.4.12

CONFERENCE and EASTER: April 2 and April 9, 2012


Dear Family (April 2),

Conference was great. Me and my companion woke up at 4:30 yesterday and Saturday so we could get there in time.   Here it starts at 6:00 a.m.  Each time I watch it I pay more attention.  I didn't sleep through any of the talks. 

This week was really difficult.  We had more than half of our lessons where our investigators just weren't there when we got there, and we had our baptism for next week get her entire family in a fight with our members.   So it was nice to have conference at the end of all that.   I don't know what else to say about this week without being depressing, but I'm glad that I have "a mountain to climb" like President Eyring said. I love my mission even though this week was just downright terrible.   I am still happy for some reason and me and my companion are still going for our goals to baptize a lot of people. He is a good guy.  I like him.
Love Y'al,
Love Elder Cosby



(April 9) It's Easter! Everything closes in 5 minutes. Love y'all


Love, Elder Cosby 

No comments: