ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

29.4.12

MISSIONARY DOG DAYS: April 26, 2012


Dear Family, 

Here's something that happened to us recently.  I've been busy and can't remember if I've written this to you already.   Two missionaries on bikes.  There are no street lights in most of the valley of Tuauru. As we were riding,  I heard a few barks in the distance but they were closing in fast. In all of the valley there is one black dog that likes to chase us.  It was him. I was behind Elder Ezekiela. I quickly put my gears as high as they could go.   As I passed Ezekiela I yelled, "HURRY,"  but black dog had already made it to the road.  We passed him so quickly that it scared him and prevented him from eating us and the excellent Lasagna that we were given to take home as leftovers.  We had to slow down because it was completely dark  (no street lights in the valley of Tuauru) and we were scared we were gonna die.  But then we saw hope... lights from a car.  I gave my companion a military hand signal to dodge right and I would dodge left.   I didn't get to see the driver of the car but hopefully he wasn't old because he might have had a heart attack.  He would have seen two young men in white shirts and ties and helmets narrowly dodge his car on both sides and right behind the most evil bloodthirsty black-as-night dog he had ever seen in his life hit it.   Right after passing the car I looked back to verify that the car was a heaven sent missile to destroy our possessed pursuer.  It was.  Stop reading if you like  dogs.  Speeding car met speeding dog like a Tongan lineman blindsiding an unsuspecting punter.  The last thing I saw before turning the corner was a black dog in the air, whose yelps were drowned out by me and my companion's laughs of fear and surprise.
Love y'all,
Love Elder Cosby

No comments: