ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

3.8.10

EVERY DAY IS BETTER: : JUNE 2, 2010

Dear Family,
     So alot of things are happening. We are teaching alot and it is awesome.  We finally had time to go contacting.  Our  first contact we talked to for like 45 minutes about the church and we are going back.   People wander into our lessons and everyone just listens to us!  I don't know if this is real work. 
     We ate at our DMPs house for dinner Friday, breakfast Saturday (which was leftovers from dinner), and dinner Sunday.  He is awesome and it was some of the best food I have ever eaten.   His wife said "Mange" and  "Tamaa,"  which means eat about 7000 times.  It was awesome and hilarious.  She would walk past and say it under her breath and stuff. 
     Thanks for the prayers Mom.  Every day is better.  Just to let you know my trainer is amazing and the members here love us and take good care of us.


     Dear Isaac,  (Isaac is Elder Cosby's 6 year old nephew):   I will definitely come back after my mission if you want me to come back. I dont know if you really are as strong as me yet.  In Tahiti they feed me strong foods and I eat alot. There are lots of signs in Tahiti. What kind of sign do you want me to take a picture of? {Isaac has seen a  picture of his Uncle Jacob  in front of a sign on his recent mission to Florida  that said "Do Not Feed the Alligators," so he asked Seth what kind of signs were in Tahiti that he was going to take his picture in front of:)   Tahiti is cool.  There is an ocean nearby and the people are really nice. I ride my bike everywhere. I like being on a mission.  I think you will like being on a mission. You are cool.
Love Elder Cosby
P.S. I saw the picture of you riding the Go Cart by your self. That is awesome.





P.S. to Dad  Elder Punu is from Mahina here in Tahiti

No comments: