ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

30.8.10

FAFARU AND GOING UP A MOUNTAIN: August 30, 2010

A family home evening with members (the one where I ate Fafaru)
Dear Family,

Last Monday me and Elder Punu taught a Family Home Evening lesson and after the lesson they fed us.   As the dinner was being placed on the table and we were talking to a Brother it began to smell like someone had terrible gas or something of that nature.  I thought maybe the smell would pass but it never did.  And then Nora opened the bucket of Fafaru and I figured out where the smell was coming from.  She told me that if I didn't eat fafaru I didn't come to Tahiti after I told her that if you come to Texas you have to stay on the bull for 30 seconds.  I served myself some fafaru. I kept on searching for the smallest piece,  but as I searched in the big plastic bucket,  I kept on pulling out bigger and bigger pieces, so I gave up.  To make things worse, you eat fafaru with your hands, so my hands smelt like poo as I was eating my other food.  So everything tasted like fafaru.   I couldn't finish it,  so at a well planned moment,  Elder Punu saved me and ate the rest of it for me.  I don't know which was worse, the cockroach in my mouth or the fafaru.  Basically fafaru is rotten fish if you want to know.  


The work is going great here.  The other day Elder Punu said, "We gotta go up this mountain.  I don't know why." Going up a mountain is usually not my favorite thing but we did it anyway.   We stopped next to an elementary school and Elder Punu said we need to wait here,  so we waited for almost 30 minutes just sitting there.  Then a couple walked by and told us that they were former investigators and had moved from Moorea a few years ago and had been looking for the missionaries.  We talked to them for a while and went on our way. The spirit is here in Tahiti that's for sure.
District Meeting

Carlson and Alvarez from Rurutu came and stayed with us for Zone Meeting

Zone meeting


I Love Yall
 Love, Elder Cosby

No comments: