ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

12.8.10

PRUNING BANANA TREES/TEACHING BY CANDLELIGHT: June 9, 2010


Dear Family,
Everything is going good.  This morning we cleaned our house super good (I don't think that the house had ever been cleaned before), and pruned our banana trees.   Elder Villierm used a machete; Elder Punu had a butcher knife;  I was using a tiny knife (I dont know what to call it.)   After we finished cleaning everything, me and Elder Punu found out that we will be moving to a new house for some reason.  So now Elder Villierm and Elder Crump will have a super clean, 3 bedroom house with living room thing and kitchen and bathroom all to themselves.  We went to go see our new house with some guy that works with President Smith and it has brand new floors and a brand new washer and fridge.  It's pretty cool.  Also the shower is incredibly huge.  You could fit probably 16 people in it.  When I get home we should get a shower like that so we can all hang out in it. 










Last Friday, we taught a lesson to my favorite family that has no lights in their house (so we do everything with candles.)   Afterwards, they fed us pies. After 3 pieces of pie and some chocolate crussant things i was just about full from the end of me to my adams apple, but they insisted that I continue to eat.  Usually when I say I'm full people continue to insist,  so I had to keep telling them, "No, really, I can't."  But for some reason they really wanted me to eat, so I ate a third of the next piece and was almost dead.   Then we had a dinner appointment right after, but luckily the family cancelled and just dropped the food off at our house.   I have never been so thankful in my life.  


I have been having problems with mosquitos, so I bought a mosquito racket thing. and since then I've only gotten bit a few times.  I've been keeping track of the mosquitos I kill and I've killed 296. 


  


Also, if you are struggling to think of things you might want to send me for special or not special occasions, here are some awesome ideas:  I need some more grill mate steak seasoning. a lot of goldfish. ties, and black socks. Love Y'all!
Love,   Elder Cosby

No comments: