ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

13.10.11

July 18, 2011: BEARING THE GOSPLE AND WEARING A WARRIOR CROWN n


Dear Family,
I'm preaching the good news here.  I don't have much time 'cause we are flying to Raiatea in a few minutes to a zone conference. Im thankful to be a missionary.  I love my mission.   This week we visited Nicolas and his family and they bore testimony to us about the truthfulness of the gosple they had just entered into and it was a great experience. New favorite investigator:  He's not actually an investigater 'cause he was married and baptized the weekend before I got here but anyways his name is Bryan.  I saw pictures of his wedding and he was wearing a warrior flower crown. I don't know how to explain it but it was awesome. He went and bought a bike so he could come with us to do missionary work. I'm honored to have him on my team.
Love y'all
Love Elder Cosby 

Note from Mom:  I love how you spell gospel gosple.  I know you are typing fast.  Do you know how long it is taking me to edit these?

Note from Seth:  That's how they spell it here.  Be grateful it's not my handwriting.

No comments: