ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

18.10.11

Oct 17: I LOVE THIS ISLAND AND THE PEOPLE.. . . IT REALLY IS PARADISE HERE . . you can smell the tiare. . . food falls from the sky and jumps out of the ocean



Dear Family,
I got a call the other day from president telling me it is time for me to go.  I will now be serving in Arue on Tahiti. He just said I would be leaving some time this week, so I'm pretty sure that this will be my last email from BoraBora. 

 I love this island and the people here. I think I might know every single person in my side of the island.   I feel like I've lived here for years when our bishop asks us where people live. 

It really is paradise here.   As you're riding your bike you can smell the tiare and the pua (flowers).  These flowers smell so good there are several songs writen about them and vanilla flowers.  Food falls from the sky and jumps out of the ocean.  I love it here and I'm super gonna miss it.  

The Spirit of the Lord is strong here in BoraBora.  When you look around I don't think that it is possible to be atheist.   The people here are a people of faith.

Love yall
Love Elder Cosby

No comments: