ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

13.10.11

Oct 3: THE GOSPEL IS TRUE. Let us go help our friends to change.


Picture taken by an old family friend of Elder Cosby's Dad's family who was vacationing in Bora Bora .
Dear Family,
Conference was great. We waked up super early to get there. It wasn't the same watching it in French.  So far on my mission I have managed to get to watch it in English until now.   You don't get to hear the voices of the leaders.    But it was still great.   We were giving a lesson to a new convert family and this story came out.   The father Nicolas made his children promise that they would always go to church but one day the two older boys snuck away to one of the smaller islands and skipped church.   And when the father came back from church and found them he knelt down with them and they all prayed together until they felt like they were forgiven.   This is my new favorite story because of the loving discipline of the children. The gospel is true.  It changes people.  Let go help our friends to change. 
Love Yall
Love Elder Cosby


Happy Birthday Mother. I hope it was great.  Thanks for being such a great mother.   I'm sure as all your sons have told you one learns to better appreciate his mother on his mission  and how well he was raised by her.  This is the same for me.   The years of diligent family prayer and family scripture study have helped me more than I can explain on my mission.   And it helps me to be a good missionary knowing that that is what you want me to do even though your aren't here to say it because it has been ingrained in my soul.   Thank you so much.  
Love ya
Love Elder Cosby


No comments: