ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

13.10.11

I HOPE I GET SICK SOON. THE GOSPEL IS TRUE: September 26, 211


Dear Family,
Things are going great here.  I finally have money again so I can email. Things are super super expensive here.  I wonder how people live here. We have a new investigator named Fabrito who is a Tahitian doctor.  I hope I get sick soon.   He tells us all kinds of operations and medicines that he has made.   Evidently he has cured diabetes,  hemorroids and kidney stones.  All you have to do is jump in a boiling pot of exotic plants!   Who would have guessed.  He lives super high up in the jungle of the mountains and everytime we speed down the mountain me and my companion get hit by the grapefruits on his grapefruit tree and my companion falls off his bike.  I hope General Conference works here because the Relief Society session didn't work from what I have heard.  The gospel is true.  I've seen it change so many lives here and it's amazing also to see the difference that the gospel brings into the lives of childern.  We have a young boy 10 years old that we teach and he prayed and read the Book of Mormon every day for several weeks to know if it was true and according to him received an answer in a verse he read.  I forgot the verse but it was a wonderful experience.
Love yall
Love Elder Cosby


No comments: