ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

I'M FAT: May 24, 2011

https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifhttps://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif



Dear Family,
I am super fat now. I have gained 11 kilos. I don't know really how much it is but I know it's alot 'cause if a Tahitian says Wow! concerning weight that means in English "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!" but after reading a little scriptures I found that God loves us no matter how big we are and now I'm happy. We changed our PDay today because we are going to a museum and it's not open Monday. I'm super excited to go regardless of how terrible Norbert, our driver, says it is.  We had a really good experience the other day.  We had a lesson with Heimata who before told us that she couldn't pray because she knew that if she prayed she would have to get baptized. So we finished all of lesson 2 and everything was good until I asked them to come to church.   After about 5 minutes of silence she told us she was super mad at us because she wanted to come to church the last Sunday but she couldn't because she was too mad. She was mad because she prayed and she didn't get a response, so she prayed again and in her prayer for some reason she said in her prayer that she knew  that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. After that she called us and left messages that we had to come see her immediately or as soon as possible but the problem is that I don't know how to check messages on our phone. So she waited an entire week and finally we came and she saId "I'm super mad, but the Book of Mormon is true and I wanna get baptized."  She said that she wanted to separate from her boyfriend who isn't divorced. and then after all that she said that she wouldn't be able to go to church because they were going to some other island or something, and the whole time I was super hungry because I'm fat now and we were an hour late for our dinner. The gospel is true and it makes people wanna change and do good things.  I like that.
Love, Elder Cosby

No comments: