ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES, IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES : May 30, 2011

Dear Family,
It was the best of times. .At three-thirty today I am getting on a plane to serve on Bora Bora with my best friend and favorite missionary, Elder Smith. The work here in Paea is going awesome. We had twice as many investigators at church than before. We got a new Ward mission leader and he is awesome. We went to go visit one of our contacts with him and he laughed and said, "I know him well.  We boxed together back in the day."   Another reference we went to he taught them how to prune and get alot of fruit from their lychee tree. There is not much Ceasar doesn't do. He gives us references all the time and he comes and gets all of our investigators for church when the other people won't. We have several baptisms fixed and alot of progressing investigators. I'm loving the work here and I could stay here the rest of my life.
It was the worst of times... I'm not gonna be here for any of that. I am leaving.  A centipede bit my hand while I was sleeping and it was literally the worst pain I have had in my entire life and my hand super swelled up   It still hurts where he bit me. My bike is super super broken and it's gonna be expensive to fix. 

I'm happy though.  I feel like I did my job in Paea and I'm super excited to go to Bora.  I really really love the members and investigators here and I really appreciate all of the things that they have done for me and my companions and I will miss them a lot,  but President told me that the Lord wants me to leave and I am down with that. I love my mission.  I love the Lord and I am happy.  Love Y'all
Love Elder Cosby

No comments: