ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

IN A PICKLE: March 7, 2011

 Dear Family,
So I forgot my planner where I usually write reminders of what I should write y'all so sorry if this email is boring. So my companion  is getting transferred early so I am going to live with the zone leaders while trying to do my lessons and things in my area with ward missionaries and leaders because we don't get new missionaries until the end of the month to replace my companion so I'm gonna have to do that for three weeks. I'm gonna be all alone for three weeks, but it's all good, I was actually praying to change companions but I wasn't expecting that kind of response. On the bright side of things,  our stake conference got cancelled so they decided to give us talks in all of our wards. One of the things I remember from the MTC is a guy told us is that when you can tell a joke in the language, you know that you are awesome in that language.  I proved him wrong.  I don't really speak Tahitian and I totally cracked a joke in my talk and everyone just died laughing and we have got a whole bunch of references since. 
 Love y'all 
Love Elder Cosby  
er Cosby
P.S.
Dad,  you are 100% right about island warrior spirits that need to be channeled.  It is super cool to see how everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.  Here their strength is charity and love and forgiveness to a degree unheard of in America.  I'm really thankful to be serving here and get to see what real charity is. It will bless my life forever,  the examples of my companions.

Mom, the coin I sent the Activity Day Girls that they asked about is 1 pacific frank, which  is about 1 cent.  I'm pretty sure I sent her like 1, 2 or 5 cents if it's the super light one.

No comments: