ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

MISSIONS ARE AWESOME AND IMPORTANT AND LIFE-CHANGING AND INDESCRIBABLE: May 9, 2011

Hey Family, 
It was great to talk to y'all yesterday. I pretty much shared everything I had to say though. everything is going great. Arthos is preparing for his baptism Saturday.  He is super awesome. He has only a few teeth. He used to drink alot and never come home, but after his wife went to the temple he has changed  and now he is gonna get baptized if he can really stop smoking.  Mom keeps telling me to write more and describe people, so I am going to describe all the missionaries around me. Elder Saxton is my companion and he is super super tiny and his hands are super tiny and it's really noticable because he uses his hands a super lot when he talks.  A little girl asked him if he puts makeup on because it is true he has very long eyelashes and I feel like he is in a state of perpetual surprise because that is just the way his face is.  I'm super happy to be his companion. Elder B is another Elder in one of the neighboring areas. He is super skinny and tall and he has never ever smiled.  I'm super glad I'm not his companion.  Elder B's companion is Elder H.  He looks exactly what one would think a gorilla would look like if he started walking on two legs and got shaved.  I think Darwin may have been on to somthing.   I have to play basketball with him after this. I am scared.   There are some things that just can't be described in words like these elders and investigators   Yall'll just have to wait to get some pictures. Well the guy that is giving us a ride is leaving and I don't want to walk. Love y'all
Love Elder Cosby


Missions are awesome and important and life changing and indescribable!

No comments: