ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

I'M NOT DEAD, EVERYTHING WAS JUST CLOSED FOR EASTER: May 2, 2011

 Dear Family,
So I'm not dead, everything was just closed for Easter,  but everything is going great and I love y'all. That's all that is really important since my time runs out on this computer super soon.
Who is Kelan marrying?  That's all pretty exciting stuff.   Who ever said that old people are boring. Thanks for the updates,  tell Joseph not to get too into this band thing if he's not reading his scriptures and getting good grades.
Thanks for the update Mom. Keep having an exciting diligent life. It shows.  Not many moms can say that they had 6 eagle scouts and 5 boys on missions. (One to go) Thank you so much for what you have done for our family and also the things that you have shared with other families in your callings. I'm trying to live up to the family name that rests over my heart at all times to show my thanks for the things that I learned and the things that I didn't want to learn but apply in my life as a missionary. There are thousands of people here who are very grateful for your example. Thank you so much from me and the thousands of others all over the world that you have brightened with the gospel light. I love you.
Love, Elder Cosby


No comments: