ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

TOO BAD ALL THE BOOKS HERE ARE IN FRENCH! March 28, 2011

Dear Family,,
 Everything is  going really well.  I'm getting my companion tomorrow so everything will be
 normal, but I will have to get used to having a companion since I got used to
 not having a companion.  He's a new guy straight from America I don't know who
 yet, that's all President told me, but Elder Punu is gonna be a grandpa right
 before he leaves and I'm going to see how difficult it was for him to train
 me. We went to a bookstore and I saw a bunch of books about tahiti fishes
and plants and cooking that I wanted to buy, but they were super duper
expensive so I just bought a map.
 Love you
 Love, Elder Cosby
s

No comments: