ISLAND LANGUAGES

French is the language of government/schools and Tahitian the language of the natives of French Polynesia.

ELDER COSBY'S ADDRESS

ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise
__________________________________________

Unto the Islands of the Sea

Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off, unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations . . . -------------------------------------------Doctrine & Covenants 133:8
Bonjour! [bon-ZHOOR]:French-------------------------IaOrana! [ee-ah oh-RAH-na]:Tahitian-------------------------Hello!
Bienvenue! [bee-ahn-vuh-new]:French-----------------------Maeva! [mah-AY-vah]:Tahitian-----------------------Welcome!

16.6.11

I'M HERE SERVING ON BORABORA: June 6, 2011


Dear Family,
 I'm here serving on BoraBora. I was really sad to leave all my friends in Paea, but I'm super excited to be here. Elder Smith left this morning, so I only had 1 week to learn this area and I am with Elder Sovalini. It really is as beautiful as they say. It is a super tiny island, 30 kilometers around.  The problem here is that none of our investigators can come to church because they all work on Sundays at the hotels. The airport is on a smaller island off the coast, so when you fly in you hop on a boat and boat on to Bora and you can see the whole island. We also have a family that we teach that Smith found as he was speeding down the mountain on his bike and destroyed their dog after which the owner said that luckily he didn't hit her because she is made of metal and then Smith asked if they wanted the lessons and now they are all getting baptized. Sorry I can't write alot because the internet here is not cool and it keeps on going out, but it's beautiful and indescribable. I love my mission.
Love y'all
Love Elder Cosby C

No comments: